Notes from New Sodom

... rantings, ravings and ramblings of strange fiction writer, THE.... Sodomite Hal Duncan!!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Stuff

Well, it looks like my long posts have now become notorious even in the world of webcomics. Heh. With that in mind, I shall keep this post teeny-tiny, with just a few things to say.

Like:

I missed this when it first came out, but it seems Lisa Tuttle had some nice words to say in the Times (yay!):

... Duncan has real linguistic flair and The Book of All Hours has the aura of a cult classic, to be argued about for years

And:

If you haven't already read Vol. 1 of OCTAVIAN NOTHING by M.T. Anderson, go read it now. Just do it. It's fucking excellent.

And just for a bit of randomness, a cut-up-and-fold-in of a Bjork song:

venus as a boy

he's a venus,
he believes, the
wicked beauty
of her humour.
he's a venus,
he believes. the
boy suggests they
taste her beauty
on his fingers.
he's a venus,
so exciting
in his touches
of her beauty
he sets sense as
accurate in focus as a
boy off in arousal, as a
boy exploring sex. he's venus.

as a boy, he's venus.

***

See? Now, that was dead short.

5 Comments:

Blogger John Klima said...

Man! I had time to read that in one sitting!

5:00 pm  
Blogger paul f cockburn said...

And I'd scheduled a three hour period to read the next posting!

7:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Signs of the apocalypse, part 666:

--Hal Duncan's blog posts can be read before you finish your beer...

--Jetse

7:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok so, reading your blog or taking care of my son......ach, I'm sure he won't mind going to bed at 3 in the afternoon.... ;]

10:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've bought Vellum & I have to congratulate you, fabulous!

Now I'll have to rearrange the other writers in my Pantheon as to make more room. So there.

7:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home