Notes from New Sodom

... rantings, ravings and ramblings of strange fiction writer, THE.... Sodomite Hal Duncan!!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas

I'm about to head off for Hogmanay shenanigans up North, so I thought I'd leave yez with a Christmas present from a reader, a couple of Vellum & Ink themed YouTube vids.

First, Vellum:



And Ink:



I am, of course, well chuffed just to have someone dig the books enough to even do the whole YouTube mixvid thing for them; but I gotta say I also think they're pretty fucking nifty as book trailers. I'm really digging the use of Muse for the Ink vid, in particular; I like em as a band anyways, but the theatricality of the rock (and the sentiment of that song in particular) is just spot on. Also, the use of Kenneth Anger totally tickled me pink: Oooh! Oooh! It's using Kenneth Anger for Pierrot & Harlequin! Sweet! Splicing that in with some rather apt found footage courtesy of Hollywood, (Zippos! explosions!) and playing text as tagline (and who doesn't love a good tagline?)... yeah, when I played it for the first time my response was a very loud, "Awesome!"

So yeah, this was one of my favourite Christmas presents this year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home