Notes from New Sodom

... rantings, ravings and ramblings of strange fiction writer, THE.... Sodomite Hal Duncan!!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

21st Century Boi

Yeah, cause I'm down with this wicked kewl new tech-stuff! Just because it took me three days to figure out how to pick up my answerphone messages on my ancient brick of a Nokia (see, if you hit 1 and then the Call/Enter/Thingumy button in the centre, it picks up the last number dialled, or that called you, or something; but -- aha! -- if you just hit the 1 and hold it down, that's when it calls the answerphone), no, just because I'm a cretin when it comes to these newfangled landlineless phone things -- that doesn't mean I'm not on the cutting edge with these ePods and i-mail thingumies.

*Ahem*

Yes, OK, I'm a Luddite. That's why I'm mucho happy that Jason Lundberg will be podcasting my story "The Last Shift" on his "Lies and Little Death", um, podcast thing, sometime in Spetember / October. I'm looking forward to hearing it. Of course, there's the mischievous side of me that's really looking forward to hearing poor Jason try to do a Scottish accent. All I can suggest is he watch Trainspotting over and over again for the next month or so, and try and expunge all memory of Scotty from Star Trek. Heh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A Luddite? I started reading Vellum three days ago, and I have to tell ye, I'd never have guessed!

Just wanted to say it's a cracking book, and though I'm only halfway through, I'm waiting to get tore into the next one!

2:56 am  
Blogger Jason Erik Lundberg said...

Actually, I was planning on using Mike Myers' Fat Bastard character as my accent template, but now that you mention it, yeah, Scotty is starting to appeal to me, yeah... :)

"Ah cannae doae, Captain! Ah doon have the powerrrrrrrrrrrr!"

3:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home