Notes from New Sodom

... rantings, ravings and ramblings of strange fiction writer, THE.... Sodomite Hal Duncan!!

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

You Too Can Be The Proud Owner...

Papaveria Press have just revealed my limited edition, fabric-bound, linen-paper Sonnets For Orpheus, ready for pre-ordering.

And just look at how pretty they are!

I probably shouldn't have to say this, cause anyone reading this will probably know my foul mouth and profane paganism by now, but readers of a genteel disposition may be advised to check out the earlier on-line versions (linkee in the side-bar to the left) before assuming that these are yer frilly-cuffed, floppy-shirted kinda sonnets. "Scabrous" is my middle name.

OK, actually "William" is my middle name, but anyone making Spike-from-ANGEL-inspired jokes about "William the Bloody Awful" will be punished harshly, with biting (and possibly some chafing).

2 Comments:

Blogger paul f cockburn said...

Very pretty, although I'm not sure about actually having an illustration stuck on the front. A plain cover with just the title in gold lettering perhaps?

Anyway... $55 including p&p? A bargain I'm sure, but I'm a cheapskint who has already read the contents... so, I'll let someone else have the opporchancity to read those scabrous lines.

Scabrous. That's just such a lovely word. Although it does make me think of Scarborough for some reason...

5:46 pm  
Blogger Glen Mhor Whisky said...

It is a wonderful word.

I've gone and ordered the pretty book.

7:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home