Notes from New Sodom

... rantings, ravings and ramblings of strange fiction writer, THE.... Sodomite Hal Duncan!!

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Sweet News

As I just found out, Vélum has been short-listed for the Prix Europeén Utopiales 2009. Awesome!

The full short-list is:


Le Déchronologue de Stéphane Beauverger, éditions La Volte
Le Livre de toutes les heures, Vol. 1. Vélum d’Hal Duncan, éditions Denoël
En panne sèche d’Andreas Eschbach, éditions L’ Atalante
Gagner la guerre : récit du vieux royaume de Jean-Philippe Jaworski, éditions Les Moutons électriques
Roi du matin, reine du jour de Ian McDonald, éditions Denoël

I only know the McDonald sadly, as a paltry monolinguist, but that in itself is stiff competition, I'd say. So I ain't getting my hopes up. But tis well cool to be nominated. This is pretty much the Big One in European strange fiction, as I understand. Hell, it comes with a cheque!

I is a happy bunny todays.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done and good luck!

3:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations - and good luck!

4:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news! Best of luck to you.

jeff ford

1:20 pm  
Blogger paul f cockburn said...

Great news -- world domination plan continues...

11:15 am  
Blogger Bryan Russell said...

Congrats! And best of luck.

Bryan Russell

8:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home