Notes from New Sodom

... rantings, ravings and ramblings of strange fiction writer, THE.... Sodomite Hal Duncan!!

Friday, October 06, 2006

Trolls!

Sweeeeeet! I just got my first ever invite to be a proper, fully-fledged Guest of Honour... at Åcon, which is to be held in Mariehamm on Åland (just off the coast of Finland), 17th-20th May next year (a ferry-ride from Helsinki, I understand). Needless to say, I've accepted. Hell, Leena Krohn and Johanna Sinisalo are two of the writers at the top of my to-read pile, and Hannu Rajaniemi is my tip for the Next-Big-Thing-In-Scottish SF, so a con in their homeland of Finland (or in an autonomous province of Finland, rather) sounds pretty damn interesting. And it's going to be, apparently, the first proper pan-Nordic con ever, with Åland having been chosen for its accessibility from both Finland and Sweden; so the programme will be in English as a common language... meaning that even with my shameful linguistic cretinosity I'll be able to understand what's going on. OK, so I'll have to be responsible and I'll have duties to perform and shit, which may require some self-control in terms of Not Sleeping Through Panel Items I'm On Because Of Over-Imbibing The Previous Night, but, hey... I can do that. And what can I say?... Guest of fucking Honour! Niiiiiice.

I'm looking forward to this.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jason Erik Lundberg said...

Holy shit! Congratulations, man!

3:44 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,

Looking forward to meeting you there!

7:53 am  
Blogger paul f cockburn said...

Hell, you'll be getting groupies soon.

11:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Congratz.

1:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, don Loco, you love to travel abroad now, don't ye? So have fun. amigo.

-- Sean Wright

10:12 pm  
Blogger Hal Duncan said...

Cheers, all! Look forward to seeing you too, Tero!

6:52 pm  
Blogger SJB said...

Surely it is the drink the night before that makes your panel appearances so good? ;)

Congrats Hal!! The first of many I hope!

10:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home