Notes from New Sodom

... rantings, ravings and ramblings of strange fiction writer, THE.... Sodomite Hal Duncan!!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Edging In

Cool! Vellum just got its first review in the gay press, on the Edge websites for, lemme see, Boston, New York, New England, Providence, Provincetown. Fuckin A! And they even say some pretty nice things. I particularly like nifty key phrases such as "hot gay subplot" and "If you're a Lost fan" and "not alienating to non-geeks".

Puck, of course, particularly likes the reference to him as "hot".

3 Comments:

Blogger paul f cockburn said...

A hot gay subplot? Dear me, I thought it was a subplot that just happened to feature hot gay characters? Or am I being pedantic again?

Probably... ;-)

8:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will Puck now sleep with the reviewer? :P

8:39 pm  
Blogger Hal Duncan said...

Paul: I reckon Puck would argue that the hotness and gayness of the characters is *integral* to the subplot, hence rendering the subplot itself both hot and gay. But then Puck considers the movie Stargate, and I quote, "Freudian softcore of the sauciest kind".

Saffron1982: I dunno. I keep my nose out of the little slapper's sex life.

3:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home