Notes from New Sodom

... rantings, ravings and ramblings of strange fiction writer, THE.... Sodomite Hal Duncan!!

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Oh, The Tension...

Tick.
Tick.

Tick.


Tick.



Tick.




Tick.



That's the sound of an imaginary clock going slower and sloooower and slooooooooooooower. See, I just heard last night from me editor, Jim Minz: the first box of the US edition of Vellum has arrived at the Del Rey offices and it looks mighty purty. Unfortunately there's a whole Atlantic in the way before I get to see a copy, goddamnit. That's like forever away, man.

And it's my last day at work too -- five hours to go before I'm FREEEEEEE! You know that "week in the jail" thing?

Tick.
Tick.

Tick.


Tick.



Tick.




Tick.

5 Comments:

Blogger paul f cockburn said...

What... no Tocks?

6:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A man of lazi - sorry - letters!

7:54 pm  
Blogger Jordan Summers said...

I practically skipped off the airplane on my last day at work. It was a relief for about 24 hours, then the panic set in. LOL! Luckily, I got over it. Congrats on the escape.

11:45 pm  
Blogger paul f cockburn said...

How indeed...

(Courtesy of Mr Townshend...)

Tommy:

I'M FREE- I'm free,
And freedom tastes of reality,
I'm free-I'm free,
AN' I'm waiting for you to follow me.

If I told you what it takes
to reach the highest high,
You'd laugh and say 'nothing's that simple'
But you've been told many times before
Messiahs pointed to the door
And no one had the guts to leave the temple!

I'm free-I'm free
And freedom tastes of reality
I'm free-I'm free
And I'm waiting for you to follow me.

Chorus:

How can we follow?
How can we follow?

5:18 pm  
Blogger Gary Gibson, science fiction writer said...

Excellent. Now we actually know what the lyrics are, the next time we're in the pub, Al can sing tenor, Paul can take the bass bit, and I can perform an interpretive dance a la Daltrey running in front of a green screened ocean like a big tit.

7:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home