Notes from New Sodom

... rantings, ravings and ramblings of strange fiction writer, THE.... Sodomite Hal Duncan!!

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Anyone Wanna Buy A Book?

T-4 days and counting.

Anyone out there really, really desperate for one of those bound proofs? But who doesn't want all that bidding malarky of eBay? Well, lookee lookee! Here's one for sale at a flat price, straight up.

Uum, one small detail...

It's *ahem* 575 quid.

Lemme just pick my jaw up off the floor here.

Happy happy joy joy!
Happy happy joy joy!
Happy happy happy happy!
Joy joy joy joy!

That's over half a grand, that is. OK, I think the seller's being somewhat optimistic... but still.

Happy happy joy joy!
Happy happy joy joy!
Happy happy happy happy!
Joy joy joy joy!


T-4 days and counting.

And, yes, I know there was no T-5; my Dad's computer decided that I didn't really want to check my mail or update my blog while I was staying down at their's for the weekend. No, what I really wanted to do was stare at a BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH, panicking because I KILLED MY DAD'S PC, OH GOD, I KILLED MY DAD'S PC! Fucking cheap-ass Tiny piece of shit. Cannot load hive (file) blah blah System32 blah blah. File may be corrupt, missing or a big bag of shite. No woder the fuckers went bust. Even their backup disk for resetting it to the basic system didn't fucking work. (Tried that today. Now it doesn't even recognise the hard-drive as NTFS or FAT or whatever. C-drive, mate? What's that then?) Yes. Looks like my having the unabashed audacity to, uh, close AOL (gasp!) means my Dad's probably going to have to reformat the fucker.

Oh, wait a minute... What am I thinking? It's Tiny; he's probably as well selling it for scrap, as it's just as likely to be a dodgy hard drive as anything else.

Oh, wait a minute... What am I thinking? It's Tiny; he should just take a goddamn baseball bat to it, cause it's probably worth more as stress relief than scrap.

And man, crashing a computer... it's not even as cool as, like, going on a midnight drag race, causing the death of a rival gang member, and totalling the family car in the process. Then at least I'd have street cred! Then at least I'd get to run around a museum with Sal Mineo making puppy eyes at me, and shout I GOT THE BULLETS!

Ah sod it. I'm off to look at the website selling my book for half a grand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home