Notes from New Sodom

... rantings, ravings and ramblings of strange fiction writer, THE.... Sodomite Hal Duncan!!

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Meanwhile...

I got an email in today from my college kid amigo, Beth, to let me know that the committee passed the proposal and so, yes, the University of Chicago Theater Group will be staging the world premiere of NOWHERE TOWN, my gay Orpheus musical. I knew from the emails we've been exchanging that Beth had really gotten a great team of people on board with this, people doing costume and lighting designs, and most crucially a musical director to translate the mp3s and GarageBand projects into something actually performable; but you don't count yer chickens before they're hatched, so I'm humungously stoked to know that they've been given the go-ahead.

Next stop: Broadway!

If I were only rich right now, I'd totally be booking a ticket to Chicago to be in the audience, you know.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger paul f cockburn said...

Now if somebody had told you, ten years ago, that this would be happening...

10:09 pm  
Blogger Chris Roberson said...

That is *tremendous*!

1:52 pm  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Great news!

11:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep us updated! That's a cab ride for me; there's no way I'm going to miss it.

5:35 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

*Wonderful*!

I'm not within easy reach so how much are they charging for the recording?

11:59 pm  
Blogger Hal Duncan said...

Sunqist: No worries. I'll be posting about it as and when. They're looking at early June.

Daniel: I don't know if there's any plans for a recording -- yet. I mean, I totally want one too, but I haven't checked if they can do it yet.

5:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home